Packaging 50%, Smell 49%, Effect 1%

Hello friends! 

It's been a long time since I last blogged. It's already the middle of November and this is only my first post for the month.  

I've been incredibly busy that I'd rather sleep in or do some exercises than actually do a tutorial at 7am. Haha! 

Anyhoo... I'm still on a high from the information overload I got from the recent in-Cosmetics conference in Bangkok.  

And as I was surfing today on new trends and new products... I came across this... 

click to enlarge 
picture taken from the Tony Moly website 

Check, check, check it out!!! This is so cute... It's actually Latte Art Cappuccino Cream-in Scrub... It's a facial scrub... with a super cute packaging.  

The spoon that's jutting out of the top is actually a spatula to scoop the product out in a hygienic way.  It's soooo cute! 

Tony Moly is actually a mass market Korean brand that you can find everywhere in Korea even at the subway stops and things like that. 

I'm just really amazed at the attention to detail and the creativity of these people.  


click to enlarge 
picture taken from the Tony Moly website 

Next is this, the Egg Pore Shiny Skin Soap. Basically its just soap that claims that it can minimize pore size and stuff like that... 

I swear... with a packaging like that and aesthetic presentation... it can claim to turn water into wine and people will still believe it! 

My point is... Based from research and experience... people actually judge a book by it's cover! Aside from the aesthetic appeal of a product, smell is a major player as well. 

If something smells good, people already think it's working for them or can forgive irritation that the product brings because the scent is a winner.  

Why the sudden interest in a brand like Tony Moly? Because I'm in love with their spokesperson... HAHA


Sigh... Yes... He's amazingly cute and I'm such a terrible fan girl. I love Song Joongki! 

I first spotted him watching KBS Music Bank every Monday coz he's the MC and recently he's been gaining huge success because of the KBS drama Sungkunkwan Scandal.  

Anyway... enough girly gushing... 

Moving on to good news.. 

Check check check it out.....!! It's so pimpin'!!! 


Hahahahaha... Yes... Don't ya think it looks gorgeous? ^^ 

Good job Marketing Team and Lizz...! 

We've been struggling for months to come up with a pink pigment to incorporate in the makeup but Hannah's a genius and we actually came up with a light pink in our lipstick development!! 

Check it out! It's a really cute light pink... That i really adore! 



Here it is with some gloss... 


We'd have Love Minerals lipsticks in no time!!! 

Isn't that exciting? I've been using this lipstick for the past 4 days... every single day... That's how much I love this...! 


Anyway... time for a product review... 

I recently asked Ate Wow to get some Everyday Minerals for me from the States so I could see how they ship their pressed mineral powder and how durable it is in terms of when it's being thrown around by the couriers... 

Picture courtesy of the Everyday Minerals website

I got it in Golden Beige. They have a really nice sturdy packaging and the colour looked  nice. 

I went ahead and got s Golden Medium since I hate looking like a ghost and I assumed that it would be a good colour for me. 

I was wrong. 

I love the packaging and the look of the product but when I applied it on my skin it was too thick.  Like it caked on my face. 

My sister said that even the colour is too light for me which I think was brought about by the heaviness of the product.

Yeah... It was pretty cakey... >,,< I guess it's just my skin. I have weird skin. I wanted to love it because of the purity of the ingredients but.... yeah.. well...






It looks great for photos... but in person... It's not very nice.. 

So I guess I can use it for photoshoots... 

Love Minerals FTW!!! 

This is based on my honest opinion... Not biased at all.. Haha! You can ask my sister or Moise who witnessed how the Everyday Minerals caked on my skin! 

Anyhoo! 

Hope I can post more within the next weeks... 

I shall go be my mom's driver for now! 

Have a great weekend everyone! 


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment